Funding for the creation of this website was provided by the Guyana Wildlife Conservation and Management Commission and Jacksonville Zoo through a grant.
If you would like to be acknowledged as a contributor to this website, kindly submit ten or more photographs of butterflies or caterpillars.
- Endres Júnior, D., Sasamori, M.H., Schmitt, J.L. & Droste, A. 2018. Survival and development of reintroduced Cattleya intermedia plants related to abiotic factors and herbivory at the edge and in the interior of a forest fragment in South Brazil. Acta Botanica Brasilica, 32 (4): 555-566. DOI: 10.1590/0102-33062018abb0009
- Godman, F.D., Salvin, O. & Scudder, S.H. 1887–1901. Biologia Centrali-Americana: Insecta. Lepidoptera-Rhopalocera, Vol. II (text). With a note on the group Eumaeidi. London, R.H. Porter, pp. 287–288.
- Hewitson, W.C. 1877. Illustrations of new species of exotic butterflies: selected chiefly from his own collection, Vol. 5. London, John Van Voorst. Accessed December 26, 2017 at https://www.biodiversitylibrary.org/item/47491#page/7/mode/1up
- Janzen, D.H., Miller, J.C. & Hallwachs, W. 2007. 100 butterflies and moths: portraits from the tropical forests of Costa Rica. Cambridge (Massachusetts): Harvard University Press, pp. 181.
- Lotts, K. & Naberhaus, T. 2017. Butterflies and moths of North America. Accessed December 27, 2017 at http://www.butterfliesandmoths.org/
- Pyrcz, T.W. & Fratello, S. 2005. Cloud forest butterfly fauna of the Pantepui - poor or poorly known? Description of new species and records of new genera of Pronophilina: Eretris agata and Oxeoschistus romeo (Nymphalidae: Satyrinae). Journal of the Lepidopterists' Society, 59 (4): 200-211.
- Viloria, A.L. & Pyrcz, T.W. 1995. Notes on Pedaliodes roraimae Strand, a little known satyrid from south-eastern Venezuela (Lepidoptera: Nymphalidae: Satyrinae). Lambillionea, XCV (4): 584-586.
- Warren, A.D., Davis, K.J., Stangeland, E.M., Pelham, J.P. & Grishin, N.V. 2013. Illustrated lists of American butterflies. Accessed December 27, 2017 at http://www.butterfliesofamerica.com/